Monday, January 30, 1978

About Me

My name is Lisa and I'm a mid-30s mom to three boys living the rural life in a pine log home deep in the Blue Ridge mountains.  We're an adventurous family who loves hiking, backpacking, and foraging our land for wild edible foods.  My passions are running and horses.  I have successfully run eight marathons (Baltimore, Philadelphia, Marine Corps, Hatfield-McCoy, Air Force, Outer Banks, San Francisco and NYC) and one ultramarathon.  My marathon PR, if you're interested in that sort of thing, is 3:58:52.  I teach college level psychology off and on part time (I have a specific interest in neuropsychology) and also enjoy reading and cooking.  We have more animals than my husband would like, and there is never a dull moment. 

Central to my life are my husband and three boys.  We don't have much pink in our house!
Paul and I have been married for over 14 years.  We met the very first week of college and have been together ever since.

Pierce, a.k.a Diego, our 4 year old:

Reid, 18 months:

The baby of the family (by about 6 minutes), Cort, 18 months:

If you're stopping by my blog and decide to hang out for a while, leave a comment, or even be kind enough to become a follower, I will try to return the favor. 

You can email me if you have comments or suggestions at varunner7@aol.com.

20 comments:

Leah said...

I love meeting mom's of boys. We just had our 4th and pink is pretty much destroyed on sight in this house.
That's awesome about your marathons. I was a hard core runner once... 10 years and 4 babies later my body is fighting me on that one.
It sounds like you have a great/crazy life! I love it!

{found you through Mamarazzi's pink swap}

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

:) so glad to find out that you're a blogger was well!! I don't get to post as much as I'd like... <3 Look forward to following you and your life of boys!!

Malanda @ Outnumbered by Little Boys! said...

hey!! stopping by from the UBP. Your blog name caught my eye, then I saw that you're located in the BRM! :) I used to live near the Blue ridge Mountains in VA. We're in TX now. Anyways, now following you to keep up with your beautiful family!
http://choochooandcurls.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party-2011-who-am-i.html

@Dayngr said...

Nice! I have great memories of my time spent in the Blue Ridge mountains of Ga.

Tina said...

Love the names of yor boys.....i do have two boys and one is named Piecrce.

QB @ Tales from Domestic Obscurity said...

Sorry to comment again...but saw you run marathons. Very cool. I've run Chicago and Boston and 4 half marathons. Don't know if I'll ever do another full.

Unknown said...

yup, in my household of 3 boys- well, even the dog is a boy & like you, i don't get much pink- i've been adding orange touches here and there- it makes me happy! :)

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

First time at your blog and I love it! I saw that you are a runner, but maybe stopped for awhile. Me too! It's been years since I ran, and I stopped after running a marathon. I tried to get back into it - what did it for you?

btw - Your boys are cute too!

Savanah FD said...

Hi. Just found your blog via your Eco-Friendly giveaway. The picture of the twins caught my eye. I also have 18-month twins, as well as a 5yo & 3yo (all boys).

I'm following you via GFC.

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Zim's, er, TexWisGirl's blog. I live in Va.Beach; one lone boy out of six grandkids. Funny how that works.

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a beautiful family. The Blue Ridge Mountains are gorgeous :)

Kasey said...

I'm intrigued by your marathon running! I love fitness and "think" I like to run, but my body always kills me after a week of running a few times. I end up sticking with cardio and weight exercise that I can do at home. But I'd love to learn to convince my bosy to cooperate. By the way, we live in the Blue Ridge Mountains, too...in Virginia. :)

The Studio said...

New follower. I am a mom, artist, and runner. I too am outnumbered on the pink thing. Our critters are limited at the moment to just one GermanShorthairPointer puppy but Lord does he seem like five dogs. But hey, I wanted a running partner. Gorgeous family by the way. Stop by...http://briarroseartstudio.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love finding new Dude Moms to check out!

V and A said...

I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog :)

Don said...

Love your BLOG! I was "jumping" and landed here for a while. Now I'm a FOLLOWER!! I'm too old for running, but not too old for remembering it. Check out my daily life in my blog if you'd like: donj156.blogspot.com called Living From The Heart. I'll be back!

Myna Kay said...

What sweet little boys! I will enjoy following your blog.

born imaginative. said...

I enjoyed poking around your blog...your kids are so handsome! You are most inspiring...and I will now enjoy following you! :)

Unknown said...

Lisa,

So glad you enjoyed your visit to the Science Museum of Western Virginia! We certainly appreciate your kinds words and hope you'll visit us again soon.

Michael Hemphill
Director of Development & Marketing

Bhasvant said...

Beautiful family, and a complete home. Reminds me of another blogger marathoner:).